Vacuum Truck Operator
What does it mean to be a Vacuum Truck Operator at TKS Industries?
A Vacuum Truck Operator at TKS Industries is smart, professional and capable. They are committed to the job and to their team, and they find innovative and safe ways to get the job done. They are tough as nails and well respected on lease. Our operators are resourceful and resilient, and understand what it means to work hard. They work long hours, in demanding positions but are paid well and treated well. Do you have what it takes to be a Vacuum Truck Operator for TKS Industries?
• 2 week on 1 week off and 3 week on 1 week off shift rotations.
• Workers stay onsite in wellsite shacks during shifts. Shacks are fully equipped with kitchen, bathroom, shower, laundry, and satalite TV.
• Work schedules may change according to operational requirements.
• Potential to work in extreme weather conditions and remote locations.
• Employment is conditional upon completion of a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, medical assessment, completion of satisfactory references, and acceptable driver’s summary (Driver’s Abstract)
• Driving and operating vacuum truck unit in efforts to assist in drilling, completion of, or intervention procedures on oil and gas wells
• Communicating with the office, site supervisor, and fellow crew members to complete jobs with focus on safety, and environment
• Adhere to TKS Industries' operational, safety, and environmental policies and procedures
• Accurately complete work orders and compliance paperwork associated with job duties (DOT logs, load sheets, trip reports)
• Identify and prevent potential hazards and report information to appropriate personnel
• Participate in regular on-site and off-site safety meetings and training sessions
• Perform regular maintenance on the vacuum truck while following safe work procedures
• Using and maintaining the required safety equipment (PPE) and matching the equipment to prevailing hazards
• Conduct pre-trip inspection and complete a DVIR report providing information on; fluid levels, engine and belt conditions, air brakes, slack adjuster, air lines, wheels, etc.
• Flexibility to work a variety of shifts (shift-work, rotational )
• Ability to follow, and enforce safe work procedures, codes, and regulations.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• A highly energetic, self-starter with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities with a high attention to detail
• Proven ability to adapt to a variety of environmental factors and extreme weather conditions while performing operational requirements
• Works and inspires others to work at high performance levels
• Physically able to walk 10-15 km/day and stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to write comprehensive reports and maintain routine logs with a high attention to detail
• Experience making immediate decisions, while maintaining composure, in high pressure situations with minimal supervision
• Ability to operate heavy equipment
• Must be mechanically inclined
Education and Experience:
• Experience working in or an understanding of oilfield services is considered an asset
• Minimum class 3 Drivers License with air brakes – Satisfactory 5 Year Drivers Abstract is required. Graduated Drivers Licenses (GDL) will not be accepted.
• H2S Alive and First Aid training